Saturday, January 07, 2012

Saturday Snapshot -- Mild January Day

To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post on Alyce's blog At Home With Books. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.

My friends and I met to run as we do every Saturday morning, beginning in the dark. When we returned, the sun was rising and sending pretty pink colors across the sky.


I love the way the colors reflect in the lake. This looks like it could be an impressionist painting.
In the other direction, the colors were still pretty but not as stark, and looked lovely reflected in the lake.

17 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

Amalgamation of colours. Beautiful!

http://readbookswritepoetry.blogspot.com/2012/01/saturday-snapshot-january-6-2012.html

Trish said...

Every shade of pink! I love sunrises.

Lisa said...

The colors are beautiful! I think I'd rather wait and run with the sun up, though. You're very dedicated.

Anonymous said...

Paulita, that is really lovely. Such a glorious sight early in the morning. I was thinking that this morning as I saw the pink before the sunrise. No lake here though. LOL

Anonymous said...

Sunsets are the reason I like to crawl out of bed when it's still dark. I don't think anything starts a day off better than a spectacular sunset!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, I love the colors! And in the first one, the "puckery" look does remind me of something an artist might have created.

Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Alyce said...

I was thinking impressionistic paintings too! Very beautiful!

Cipriano said...

I am impressed Paulita, not only by these great photos, but by the fact that you RUN EVERY SATURDAY MORNING.
That is impressive. Good for you.
Sincerely,
A Man Who Needs More Regular Exercise

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

Pretty. It's been an amazing winter so far, very mild and almost enjoyable. We had a sunset last night similar to that. The pinks are so vibrant.

aguja said...

Beautiful, beautiful photographs - well captured!

Book Savvy Babe said...

So beautiful, that's a great way to run. I ran while i was in hawaii, and it was so easy because of the pretty scenery..home in so cal, not so pretty... Book Savvy Babe

Vicki said...

Beautiful! Love the reflection on the water!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Those are just lovely. Love the pinks especially.

Nise' said...

Beautiful. I wish I was more of a morning person!

Linda said...

Incredible sky. I love reflections.

edgar said...

One of the benefits of waking up and going out early-the full-colored greetings of dawn.

Staci said...

Gorgeous!!

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...