Tuesday, January 29, 2013

First Paragraph, Teaser Tuesday -- Amalfi Blue

Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph of the current book you are reading.
I started reading Amalfi Blue: lost & found in the south of Italy by Lisa Fantino after a positive recommendation by a friend. I'm not too sure about it yet. See what you think. Here's the intro:
Today is Tuesday April 3, 2012. It's my third day here and it's a bit isolating and lonely. The apartment is lovely and I can stare out my window at yards of lemon and orange groves but I don't know a soul except business contacts.
Also this week is Teaser Tuesdays. Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Open to a random page of your current read and share a teaser sentence from somewhere on that page. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.
Here's my teaser from page 62 (42%):
The change in our relationship was palpable. I went to grab him and not let him go and although he hugged back, he gave me one of those Italian kisses on two cheeks, bestowed on everyone, including people they don't like.
What do you think?

5 comments:

JoAnn said...

I'm not sure about the opening, but I'd keep going just for the setting! Hope it turns out to be a good read.

Sim Carter said...

I agree with JoAnn about the setting. The Amalfi coast is almost as intriguing as the Cote D'azur, right? It's probably worth turning a few more pages.

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I agree with the other comments. I'd keep reading just because of the beautiful setting. Good teaser.
My Teaser is from CONFESSIONS OF A PREDATORY LENDER.

Linda said...

Looks good to me-but, then, I love travel memoirs.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't have enough to pull me in!

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...