Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Last, First Day of High School

Tucker's a senior and started his last year of high school today.
Yes, it seems early, but the school district made changes last  year so the students begin school early enough to finish finals before the Christmas break. They used to return to school after Christmas for a week then take finals. Obviously, some of the information was lost during the two-week Christmas break. So now they start in mid August and finish school in mid May.
Tucker was in a good mood this morning, until I asked him to pose for a picture on the back porch.
"OMG!"
Luckily, his belligerent attitude helped make it a little easier to see him lope off to his final day of school.

5 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

He looks ok , was he in a mood then , or was it just because you asked for a photo :-) and him knowing was going on your blog lol lol .. would never of said he was 17 though , take care x

Paulita said...

Yes, Anne. I set him off, and that was without knowing that it would go on the blog. Luckily, my boys don't read my blog. Only my daughter does.

Linda said...

He's a very nice looking young man. I'm sure the day will come when he will be delighted to pose for a photo for you.

Just Me said...

Handsome guy ! I think it's so wonderful that you have pictures of all their first days of school. What a treasure - What a mom !

Vicki said...

I remember the thrill of the first day of school. Our schools start Monday.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...