Saturday, May 31, 2014

Saturday Snapshot -- Bagpipes and Defiant Cats

West Metro Mommy Reads

I wish I could take a picture that did justice to the fuschia plant hanging on my back porch as I look out the back door. The red buds hanging down are reflected in the shiny black granite countertop in my kitchen.
But, instead, I'll post a picture from a graduation party last night.
Some parents in our little town are wealthy, and they don't spare expense at a graduation party. Last  night's party had a food truck that served tacos and an open bar. I drank two gin and tonics! But the real surprise came when the bagpipers marched in.
I always think of bagpipers as Scottish, but these guys wore solid green kilts so I guess they were Irish to fit one of the graduates, Dempsey. 
Some parents spare no expense. 
During the day yesterday, I had another surprise. Someone had left the window down in the car. Our outdoor cat decided the dashboard was a perfect place to lounge. 
He's giving me a look that says, "What?"
Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

8 comments:

Sean @ His And Her Hobbies said...

Sounds like it was a great party. I was once told that in Scotland each family has its own tartan pattern. I think this is true since I saw a few different colours including green ones as well when we were in Nova Scotia a few years ago. I always thought they were red until I heard this too.


Sean at His and Her Hobbies

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Fun party! I like the idea of "Irish" bagpipers.

Cute cat...and they do find the most interesting places to settle.

Here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

Wow, that certainly is an extravaganza of a party!

LOL at the cat. Love that look on his face.

Louise said...

Great picture of your cat- I do love cat pictures. He reminds me of Henri

Ginx Craft said...

Your cat does look rather comfortable.

Peggy Ann said...

Bagpipes are so much fun! Nice warm dashboard to lay on!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

That cat id no dummy -- safe, secure and practically in the driver's seat :)

BTW - I love fuschia plants and have a gorgeous one on my deck.

Lucia said...

lol...love it. Cats truly rule!

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...