Saturday, November 01, 2014

NaNoWriMo

So today is the day many writers look forward to -- the beginning of NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month.
The goal is to write 50,000 words in the month of November.
I'm participating, as I've done before. I'm only about 11,000 words into my latest novel, Paris Runaway. If I can add 50,000 words to that, I'll be well on my way to completing my novel. Most of my  novels run between 80,000 -95,000 words.
Here's the synopsis for my next novel:
Divorced mom Sadie Ford thinks her 17-year-old Scarlett is spending her mandated summer visitation with her father, but then learns that Scarlett has run away to Paris, chasing Luc, a French exchange student. Sadie hops on the next plane in search of her daughter and in Paris joins forces with Luc's father. As they try to track down the two teenagers and keep them out of serious trouble, Sadie learns the difference between watching the hours pass and living.
I'd better get writing if I hope to win this year. I've already gone to the grocery and the bank and I have to take one of my kids to the eye doctor in an hour. Plus I'll have to take a long break for football this afternoon.
If anyone else is playing along, let me know so that I can make  you my "writing buddy."

3 comments:

Just Me said...

Good Luck Pauli. The novel sounds like another fun read.

Linda said...

This sounds really good! Go girl!

vvb32 reads said...

Good luck! But most of all, have a blast :-)

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...