Friday, December 12, 2014

Homecoming

The sound level at my house has definitely taken a turn toward noisy. Yesterday Spencer and a friend came home. The friend caught a plane to California and I was so happy that Spencer was within driving distance this year. 
Then today I drove back to Ohio University and picked up Tucker. We loaded all of his clothes and books and bedding since Tucker decided not to go back in January. 
Although he comes home coughing, I could feel the tension leave him as we drove off into the sunshine. He loosened up and talked about what he didn't like about living in a dorm and why he prefers to live in Columbus. 
I expect as he settles into life at home, he might have some regrets about moving home. He plans to continue taking classes and to transfer to Ohio State in the fall. 
I know someone who is thrilled to see Tucker come home. 

3 comments:

Just Me said...

Welcome Home Guys. Enjoy your holiday Paulita. Loved the Christmas card on your other posting but I'm behind and just catching up.

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Enjoy having everyone home. It sounds like a happy holiday in the making!!

grammajudyb said...

Hopefully the transition will go well. Have a great Christmas!

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...