Sunday, August 21, 2016

Dreaming of France -- Dreaming On a Summer's Day


Thank you for joining this weekly meme. Grab a copy of the photo above and link back to An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us your passion for France. Did you read a good book set in France? See a movie? Take a photo in France? Have an adventure? Eat a fabulous meal or even just a pastry? Or if you're in France now, go ahead and lord it over the rest of us. We can take it.

So much of my life is spent dreaming these days, anticipating when my husband and I will move to France. I enjoy beautiful days like this one here in Ohio, but I can't wait to stand underneath the clear blue skies in southern France.

We debate if we will buy an apartment in a small city with a peaceful plaza, like this one in Beaucaire. There's a 2-bedroom apartment on this square here that gets glorious sunshine.
Or maybe we'll get a house on a river, like this one in Aude, not far from Carcasonne, France.

Or will we choose a house outside of a village with room for a pool, like this one near Castelnaudary on the Canal du Midi?

So, as you can see, I'm spending a lot of time dreaming about France. 
How bout you? What are you dreaming of these days?

Thanks so much for playing along with Dreaming of France today. Please leave your name and blog address in Mr. Linky below, and leave a comment letting me know what  you think about my love affair with France, or your own love affair. And consider visiting the blogs of others who play along so we can all share the love.

11 comments:

But you are in France, Madame said...

I, too, spend way too much time doing exactly what you've been doing and, like you, flit between village, space, house, apartment. Hard not to fall in love with it all.

Paulita said...

Catherine, Yes. I imagine we should be grateful for the number of beautiful choices we have.

Anonymous said...

Check out seloger.com, which groups real estate listings from many agencies. You can select the city or region and give a price range. Also, leboncoin.fr--again you can pick a region.
If you go for an apartment, make sure you have a place where you can sit (and especially eat!) outside. A balcony, terrace, courtyard...

Joy said...

What fun! I love looking for accommodations when we plan to travel. Looking for a permanent place would be even more exciting (and, I imagine, a bit more scary when it gets close to the time to commit).

Anna G said...

I love this. I'm currently sitting on my couch being leapt on by two smalls with cabin fever, looking out at a grey, rainy day wishing for some Azure! My inbox is full of estate agent alerts and one day the French dream will be mine. For now, I look forward to my holiday there this Saturday ��

Sim Carter said...

Oh, Paulita, your dreams are really shaping up to the practicalities of reality. It's fantastic though, isn't it, that the internet makes searching for homes in France as easy as Realtor.com makes searching here at home!
For those of us Dreaming of France but still stuck at home, I'm sharing one of my more popular posts : 5 Ways to Feel Like You're in France When You Don't Have the FrancsHere’s my Dreaming of France post

Kiwi said...

Happy house hunting, Paulita! What a pleasure it is to look and dream about your favorite places. You may want to rent a place for the first year or so before you commit to buying. My bias is toward living in a city or village, as you have more amenities at your doorstep, a greater mix of neighbors who will be potential friends, and mains drains! It's also easier to travel if you can "lock up and leave" your place. Having some land is very tempting - you could have a pool, and keep horses, goats or chickens - but with that comes more upkeep and the dreaded septic tank issues! I agree with the recommendation of www.seloger.com for both rental and buying. You may also want to check out clefrance.co.uk, frenchpropertylinks.com, and rightmove overseas, if you have not already. They all have different search parameters you can use to find what you are looking for.

Ellen A. (Kiwi) atinyhouseinnormandy.com

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

So much to think about, rather dream about LOL

Louise said...

I left a comment last night, but it seems to have disappeared. I'm so excited for you about your upcoming French adventures- excited and jealous. What fabulous daydreams you must be having.

Esme said...

I vote for the house on the canal, with lots of space for guests. xo

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...